Philippians 1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ.

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Reversible corduroy jacket

I finally got around to using this gorgeous pin-whale corduroy print I bought several years ago. It was just too pretty to cut, and I couldn't decide what to do with it. I didn't want to make the wrong choice and regret not making something different! It's crazy, I know. Only you fabric lovers will understand.
So I decided to finally make something versatile with it, something that I could use on our upcoming trip to the couples' retreat at the Wilds this weekend. It tends to be pretty chilly there this time of year and besides, I don't have many fall clothes. It seems that the closet has been shrinking all my jeans. Ahem. Or maybe Molly is to blame--she is wearing them now. But I digress...I used this pattern that I also bought a few years ago and have never used:

I decided to use a solid pink twill for the lining. It gets wrinkled, but it still looks OK that way anyway. I used vintage white buttons on the corduroy side and buttons covered with the corduroy print on the pink side.

I am planning to post some tutorials, and I'll include a reversible jacket, if I can remember to take pictures as I finish the Christmas one I've got cut out.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment